Accessibility at JB Duke Hotel
Accessibility Information for the JB Duke Hotel
The JB Duke Hotel (sometimes hereinafter referred to as “Hotel”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) is dedicated to providing exceptional service to guests of all abilities. We strive to provide online content that provides an excellent user experience for visitors of all abilities, using any type of assistive technology to access the website.
We base our website accessibility standards on the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1, level A + AA success criteria. In addition, we actively work to maintain, assess and improve the usability and accessibility of our website through training of our personnel, engagement of experts and regular testing of our digital accessibility.
Digital Accessibility Compliance Guidelines and Goals
We follow the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) guidelines, which are in line with our philosophy of promoting usability for people of all abilities. In accordance with WCAG 2.1 AA-Level Compliance, our website strives to meet four core principles known by the acronym POUR.
- Perceivable. This includes providing alternatives to non-text content and alternatives to time-based media.
- Operable. We ensure the website is compatible with users’ browsing methods.
- Understandable. Our content and information on all amenities is provided in a clear, concise way that avoids ambiguity.
- Robust. A wide range of technologies can be used to access our site content.
Continuous Digital Monitoring
Our site undergoes real time monitoring and multiple scans per day to detect any accessibility errors that may arise due to the addition of updated content or website code. The site is continually evaluated using accessibility monitoring tools and assistive technology. Our team of accessibility experts manually investigates each error that may appear and applies an appropriate remedy in order to ensure the site’s functionality is available to the most diverse range of users possible. Data results of scans are recorded in long-term logs so that we are able to access a snapshot of the accessibility score of the website at any given time.
We Welcome Feedback
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the hotel's website, www.jbdukehotel.com, there may be some limitations. Keyboard users may not be able to access elements within the interactive map, due to older technology that does not allow for accessibility adaptations. If you experience any difficulty accessing or navigating our website or have any accessibility-related questions or comments, please contact us at 919.660.6400 and provide a description of the issue you encountered with your contact information. Your experience matters to us.
The JB Duke Hotel website may contain material from social media sites such as Facebook and Youtube, which are used to share additional content about our property, facilities and services. These third-party sites may have accessibility issues that are beyond our control. We invite you to review further public accessibility information directly from Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and Instagram.
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the JB Duke Hotel website, www.jbdukehotel.com, there may be some limitations. Keyboard users may not be able to access elements within the interactive map, due to older technology that does not allow for accessibility adaptations. Please contact us at 919.660.6400 if any additional assistance is needed.
Accessible Features and Amenities
The JB Duke Hotel is ADA compliant in accordance with the (pre-1991) construction statutes of the ADA (Department of Justice ADA Title III Regulation 28 CFR Part 36, 1991). We welcome guests of all abilities. Our property descriptions aim to allow any visitor to make an informed decision on whether the hotel is an appropriate choice for their needs.
- Accessible public entrance with ADA auto doors and revolving door with ADA slow speed option. Entrance door width is 35,” and revolving door width is 35.5”.
- Kiosk front desks that allow staff to interact with guests without physical barriers. The registration desks are 35” high. They have an accessible surface and space to hand materials back and forth to guests who use wheelchairs.
- Accessible route from the public entrance and rooms to the registration area.
- Accessible elevator with braille instructions. Height of the highest button in the elevator is 43”. Accessible route to the elevator from the public entrance, registration desk and rooms.
- Accessible food and beverage outlets: MarketPlace (with outdoor terrace) and Lobby Lounge.
- All food and beverage outlets have open areas without any doors. The MarketPlace outdoor dining terrace has a 35.5” automatic ADA motorized door with push button access.
- Accessible route to all food and beverage outlets from the public entrance and rooms.
- Accessible meeting and event facilities. The ballroom has double 35.5” doors and boardrooms have double 35” doors. Accessible route to all meeting and event facilities from the public entrance and rooms.
- Accessible exercise facilities. Accessible route to exercise facilities from the public entrance and rooms.
- Accessible golf locker rooms (at sister property the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club). Accessible route to golf locker rooms from public entrance.
- Accessible business center. Business center has no doors. Accessible route to business center from the public entrance and rooms.
- Accessible route from parking area to the main entrance. ADA ramp from covered parking garage to main entry plaza.
- Accessible public restroom.
- Accessible emergency exit (same as public entrance).
- Accessible transportation with advance notice.
- Visual and audible alarms for smoke, fire and emergency.
- Electronic reader boards with touch screen at 40 inches.
- Braille signage.
- TTY for guest use.
- Guest room televisions have closed captioning or closed captioning decoders are provided.
- Service animals are welcome at the JB Duke Hotel.
From a digitally-accessible website to complete descriptions of all onsite amenities and features, we wish to provide a positive experience from start to finish. Please note that this accessibility statement applies to all content on the JB Duke Hotel website. The hotel is not responsible for any third-party content on the website.